Down in the Dark a paper heart I find
Its warm and soothing pink I wish to keep
Now in my empty soul it is confined
Amidst shadows of hatred I'm entwined
But when inside someone's glee soul I peep
Down in the Dark a paper heart I find
Its brilliant red flashes in my mind
And into me its fluids slowly seep
Now in my empty soul it is confined
Engulfed in sorrow and woefully bind
From someone's smile light radiates and leaps
Down in the Dark a paper heart I find
Its golden rays shine forth in grand divine
Illuminates into my spirit's deep
Now in my empty soul it is confined
It opened eyes that once by darkness blind
And passed it on for others safe to keep
Down in the dark a paper heart I find
Now in my empty soul it is confined
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very good! Second and third stanzas need some work. Also, what exactly is the poem about?
ReplyDelete